Aroma and Spa Therapist
Courses & Eligibility
There are many powerfull scents that range from relaxing lavender to energizing citrus. Aromatherapy students study how different scents affect the brain on mental, emotional and physical levels and learn how to use fragrances and essential oils in treatments. The courses cover essential oil blending, theories of aromatherapy, fragrance extraction methods, taxonomy, chemistry and physiology. People who like science and are comfortable in chemistry find the course interesting and easy. In India various diplomas and degree course are available. Some of the courses are Diploma in Aroma therapy and Spa Therapy, Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science.
Fee ranges from Rs 5000 to Rs 50 000 depending on the institute.
Where To Study
1. SVYASA, Bangalore offers Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science (5 years)
2. International School of Aesthetics and Spa, Pune offers PG Diploma in Spa therapies and Management.
3. Meirana Spa Academy, Gurgaon offers Diploma in Spa Therapies
4. Indo Canadian National Academy, Mumbai offers certificate in Spa Therapy.
5. VLCC Institute, Pune and other centers offer Certificate course in Spa Therapy
6. The open international University for Alternative Medicines, Kolkata offers Bachelor certification course of 2 years in Aroma Therapy
7. Ananda Spa Institute, Hyderabad offers Spa Diploma
8. Oriental Spa Academy, Jaipur offers certificate course in aroma therapy.